Wednesday, July 28, 2010

To Be or Not To Be? My Thoughts on ARV

I am scheduled to go back to PGH to see my doctor today and discuss to her whether I should start taking ARV (Anti RetroViral) drugs or not. I know I have to make a quick decision as my CD4 count proved to be below than expected, but at the same time, I have to make a wise decision since going through the ARV Regimen is lifetime commitment, and commitment is simply such a big word that it scares the hell of me.

On a serious note, I have to carefully think about the odds. I am not trying to outsmart my condition or something like that. i just simply want to make sure that if I decide to go on with the regimen, I am completely ready with the routine and its implications. For sure, going through ARV treatment doesn't simply end in taking loads of drugs on a regular basis.

With those salient factors in mind, I am deciding to suspend my ARV treatment for the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to Ubermensch