Saturday, July 24, 2010

Double Whammy

I woke up with my left pointer finger feeling a bit itchy four days ago. I just ignored it. I am not sure, but it could be an insect or a bug bite. The next day, I saw a small blood clothing so took a needle and prick it. It was fine until I started to feel stiffness and pain, and the needle prick grew to an open wound. My finger grew bigger and bigger that it was ripping the skin and open the wound further.

Today, I finally decided to have it checked by my doctor. I went to PGH for a check up, and also to get my CD4 result.

The doctor looked at my finger. I was expecting she would take a close look at it but she just took a glance at it instead while I continued to talk and explained to her what happened. She just then prescribed to me some antibiotics.

I wasn't convinced. I would cry in pain so I asked her to prescribe to me some pain killers.

She then opened my records and made some notes, and quickly she proceeded to discussing my CD4 Result.

I was like, Oh Sh*t, here we go! But then the pain my finger is causing is more than enough for me to worry about my results. I am not sure if I am to thank my throbbing finger for saving over the anxiety of knowing the results and its implications.

My CD4 is at 260, way below my expectations.

But this doesn't seem to make sense to me now, at least not yet.

I need my pain killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to Ubermensch