Sunday, August 1, 2010

Party Popper

Last night was (ex)boyfriend's birthday. It's his 40th, and I know it is an important day for him. Despite not being able to talk since went separate ways, our silence and distance seem to have put things into places. So with my dose of antibiotic and pain killers, I decided to go despite my swollen and sometimes throbbing finger.

It was nice to see him after a long time. I have to admit that after all these times and after all that happened, he will always be a special person for me and that he will always have a special place in my heart. I am talking about this now not in a romantic tone, though. LOL.

It was equally nice to see some of our common friends as well. And just when everyone started to grab their drinks, I had to be content to merely looking at them as they savor the taste and smell of alcohol.

I haven't drank in a while now. The last time I drank was during my birthday, and after some time of not drinking, either you get too excited to drink or you manage to be content to the mere thought but actually drinking.

I put my temperament into the test as much as I can, trying not to hold a glass or a bottle, until I realized I couldn't take it anymore. So I called on the waiter to serve me a glass of cosmo.

I slowly sipped into my glass, and (whoah, did I say it was potent?) then another, until I downed my first. Just when I was about to get another one, I felt the gauze on my finger becoming a bit warm and moist.

It was blood coming from my open wound. What a big party popper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to Ubermensch