Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Et cetera

I am back in the big city, again.

After more than a week at the province staying at my mom's place (which seldom happens. Thanks to my reliable internet plug in, I was able to keep my sanity), I am once again back with the hassle of city living. I mean, I love the city life, but I have to be doing things myself again. Although I really don't have problems doing things myself, since I have been doing things myself since I was 15 when I had to leave my parents and live on my own when I went to the University, and eventually getting a job and finally living a bachelor's life, the feel of home and the thought that mom is 'just there' is both an assurance and  a convenience.

It is always nice to be spoiled every once in a while. I never had to do my bed since mom is quick to fix it while I am fixing myself in the shower, and while I am dressing up, breakfast (though I usually wake up early afternoon when at my mom's place) is being served. These are just a few of the conveniences which I have given up when I decided to be on my on my own.Well, I still get those conveniences, except that I have to pay for them monetarily now (talk about the city and capitalism).

Anyway, back to normalcy.

My wound finally healed (after almost a month) and I am ready to be a corporate slave (again). I will be signing my contract this week, and hopefully goes back to the 8-5 routine next week. I am not too excited about it, but I  don't have a choice. I gotta get some funds coming in. =D

I know I also need to decide about my ARV regimen soon. I have been thinking about taking another CD4 test since I was thinking that my previous CD4 count in June must have been at a low 260 because I was on an anti-viral meds for my Zoster, but I realized that if ever there will be changes , it must be just +/- 50, and in any case, is still considered low.

It is also good that J has just gotten back. He can definitely help me make clear decisions. He sent me a message last night saying that he has just gotten back from a two-month vacation. I have to admit that in the past two months, I have been mostly drawing strength and inspiration from J. I have learned to set aside the romantic thoughts, and have settled to maintain a friendly relationship with him, and I am more than fine that it remains that way. Well,  in case it goes beyond that, I will openly entertain it. (**Hopia Baboy, as my friends call it)

So far, things are going well.

I couldn't complain.

2 comments:

  1. Hey ubermensch. I'm still surprised by the number of people with HIV in the Philippines. I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

    See you around the blogosphere.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for droppin by my page, Fickle Cattle.

    See you around. =P Mooooooo!

    ReplyDelete

Links to Ubermensch