Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Immune System

Dear Immune System,

It has come to my attention that your job performance has been rather sub-par lately. Since keeping me well is your one and only task, I would really appreciate it if you could step it up a notch. I know I have been working more than hard lately-- spending 13-15 hours in the office when I'm only required to do 8, thinking and taking others' problems and all that, but you have to understand that I am doing these to be able support you with huge amounts of supplements such as vitamins, but even with this assistance, you seem to be failing me.

I have a life to run, for gosh sakes, and I can't keep letting illness get me down. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. I know that a back pain isn't the worst thing in the world, but you try getting through your day with your shoulders wanting to fall off and see how you like it!

Immune System, I will try to do my part-- take vitamins,  not stress myself too much, shy away from (some) vices, and get plenty of rest when I can (hopefully thats soon). For the meantime, all I am asking is that you do your part as well. I would greatly appreciate your assistance with this matter.

You know I still love you.

Sincerely,

D-Ubermensch

6 comments:

  1. ur post states that ur last cd4 was below 300, u need to be on arv, i dont think there are studies showing that rest, vitamins will increase cd 4 count, more importantly u need viral load test, cd4 count alone is so passe, parang nokia eh nasa iphone na tayo, viral load needs to be undetectable that is the goal, low viral load equals suppression of virus equals normalization of cd4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been feeling the same thing as what you have posted above.

    I have been doing like 40 hours of overtime for 1 pay period just to cope with workload. I have told myself to, in your words, "shy away from (some) vices and get plenty of rest when I can".

    I guess what I really want to say is, you' re not alone in this. We all want to live as normal as we possibly can.

    We're all in this together (I am sensing a dance number intro...)

    Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @InfinityStrip, nice to know that am not alone in this. not that i wanna share 'misery', i mean i don't consider it misery at all. i like what i do, and i feel very productive doing things that i love doing.

    though sometimes no matter how the spirit is willing, the flesh is simply weak(er). despite this, we overcome and become as equally capable as everyone else, poz or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this, it seems my immune system is letting me down lately, hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. hugs friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. psssssssssst. fifi told me that your office is within the area where i work. tara starbucks tayo sa baba! hehehe. mukhang magkabuilding lang tayo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @trese, yes, weve the same company. ive seen you in the directory. you can get my number from fifi, then lets go for coffee. =d

    ReplyDelete

Links to Ubermensch