Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Got Inked

Halfway through the month of the new year and I am just on my first post. I haven't been too busy lately. Neither was I sick or something like that for me not to be able to write. I just can't find a good topic. I mean, I can't think of a good material to write about.

I still don't have a good material, but today I thought I can write about my Tat. Yeah, I got my first tattoo yesterday (finally) after a long time of contemplation.

I have always wanted to have a tattoo but only settled for henna every chance I have. I simply just never had the courage to brave needle pricks and blood. But I guess, my recent and more-than-usual experience with blood and needles lately have finally taken that fear aside and I finally decided to get inked.

Anyway, I had an Ouroboros stamped on my pelvic. Well, it is more like a modified version of the traditional serpent chasing and eating its own tail. I had a dragon, instead. Also, instead of the usual Ouro forming a circle, I had it form a lemniscate (that symbol like the number 8).

So why an Ouro? Traditionally, the snake/dragon devouring in its own tail symbolizes the cyclical Nature of the Universe-- creation out of destruction, Life out of Death. The ouro is the symbol of constant creation. Its an eternal cycle of renewal.

It is the Infinite.

I wont bore you with a Philosophy lecture, although I can and would love to talk about Kant's concept of infinity, but more or less, that is the idea. The Ouro is the visual representation of Kant's first principle (as I understand him.)

 My Ouro. The Infinite. That which is the beginning and the end of all things.



(PS. Pics cannot be posted since I haven't fully disclosed and might be recognized. =D)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to Ubermensch