Saturday, December 11, 2010

I am (NOT) Stubborn!

I am due for my second CD4 Test this month. The last time, I was at 260. I am hoping for at least +50.

I went to PGH last Wednesday to get my schedule for my second CD4 Test and also to have my check up since I have been having bad cough and colds for a few days now. I also am feeling unusually weak recently. I am not sure if it is just the usual psychosomatic me, but in any case, I decided to get checked.

The findings-- I am NORMAL. My doctor checked my temperature, breathing, and all vital signs and all came up normal. She asked me about my cough and colds, and if I am doing anythin about it, and I told her, I am just taking lots of liquids and vitamins in the past 3-4 days. I have been trying NOT to take medicines as much as I can and just let my body function as normal, but I know at times, it is failing me. Still, I give it a chance, and my doctor agreed on it. She advised me to just forego taking cough and cold meds or any antibiotics just yet, but if my cough and cold persists until next week, then I have to go back to her to get checked further.

And so, we proceeded to discussing my ARV (yet again).

Although I've agreed to start with the treatment already, I have yet to complete a few more test (i.e., Hepa Profile and Syphilis). Its been a little more than 2weeks since I told my doctor that I will complete the remaining tests so I can start with the ARV, but still haven't done so. I am committed to having it completed before the year ends, though. So, with that, we ended the session with a good laugh, with her saying "Ikaw ang pinaka pasaway kong pasyente (you are my most stubborn patient".)

Moving forward, my scheduled CD4 test at San Lazaro. I went down with a bad cold and fever the morning of my scheduled test and was not able to get off my bed. In short, I missed it. I told Celene (the Nurse in charge of scheduling), but as usual, I think that my next schedule will be 2-3 months from now.  I couldn't complain, though. Thats just how it works.

For the meantime, I'm trying NOT to worry about it all. I am taking it one thing at a time. I am trying to (re)build my constitution and (still) trying to be as healthy as I can, get this cough and cold out. I've been doing a lot of bed-rest for the past few days, working from home, and hopefully, I'll feel better in no time.

8 comments:

  1. sabay tayo magpa-CD4 sa febuary. hehehe... get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and one more thing, you are not stubborn. slight lng! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GX, Celene is adorable, just that almost always, when I go visit SAGIP, am in a bad temper. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uber, why do you go to SL for your CD4? I go to the Hills for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GX, I dunno where the hill is. ive only heard of it and read it in the blogs i follow. ive the idea its in the south.

    anyway, i go to SL cuz thats where they (people in sagip) send me. i dunno why, but thats where they ask me to take it the first time, and also for my (supposed) second test.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello i was diagnosed this year lang and reactive ako sa test i need some help

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous,

    I would be glad to help. If there is anything I can do, lemme know. =D

    ReplyDelete

Links to Ubermensch