Friday, October 15, 2010

Its Just Coffee!

Nothing can be worst than a mediocre coffee early in the morning.

I was not able to prepare my own cup today as I was running late for the office. I decided to get a quick cup at the dispenser at the office pantry soon as I got to work to have my doze of caffeine only to be disappointed-- I got a cup filled with hot water, barely colored, and does not resemble coffee in any way imaginable. To my dismay, emptied the semi-colored hot water and took the cup, got a sachet and settled for instant coffee. I wasn't the happiest this morning.

This is one of the few times I miss my (ex)bf. He used to wake up early in the morning to prepare my hot cup while I take a bath and prepare myself to work. He knows exactly how I like my cup-- bitter sweet.

Sometimes, I am thinking, if only boyfriends are like instant coffee, then I would have gotten one from the corner store. But on a second thought, I realize I really do not like things instant. So I'd rather remain single.

Despite the convenience and availability, I purposely shy away from fast food, ready-to-eat, or simply things 'instant'. I am simply not fond of them. Although I get tempted to settle for them in times when choice is more of a luxury, I'd prefer to have things the hard way. I get more satisfaction brewing my coffee (or seeing someone brew it for me), cooking my own pasta from fresh ingredients, baking my own potato, or simply boiling my egg.

I remember a text message I got from B, the guy I am dating for a while now. He said "Do not just settle for the one who buys you coffee. Go with the one that will prepare it for you."

Efforts count. Thats what he wanted to tell me. And thats what make a perfect coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to Ubermensch